SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / SimplyMaya Tutorials / Simply Maya Tutorials / Quick Update to RENDER LAYERS video tutorial series

Simply Maya Tutorials This area is for questions and comments on our Video Training Library. We also welcome tutorial requests.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

03-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
ragecgi

Quick Update to RENDER LAYERS video tutorial series
Hi folks.

In my video tutorial series on Render Layers and Material Overides, in the 2nd video, I go over using passes in production.

In that video I show how to apply/tweak the Ambient Occlusion pass by Multiplying that pass over everything.

NORMALY in the post world, this is a NO-NO, but to make the video tutorial more digestible for all involved, I took that shortcut rather than explaining WHY that is generaly a no-no as that would cover a whole tutorial in and of itself, hehe.

SO, our friendly neighborhood MentalRay guru ZAP has released an enjoyable explanation as to WHY and HOW to CORRECTLY utilize the Ambient Occlusion pass from Mental Ray

Enjoy!

http://mentalraytips.blogspot.com/20...-ambience.html