Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-05-2004 , 12:17 AM

show texture in viewport?

hi folks, somewhere along the line my brain has forgotten some of the basics.

I can get the texture on the object to show up in the viewport, eg the 'color' map.

say i want to have a look at where the displacement map node is on the object, how do i make that one show up in the view port on the object instead of the color one?

thanks guys.

Adam

# 2 20-05-2004 , 02:54 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hit the 6 key. 4 is wireframe, 5 is shaded, 6 is colored/textured, and 7 is lighting. user added image

- Hybrid
# 3 20-05-2004 , 10:12 PM
hi there thanks for the reply but you misread the question.
I can already get textures to show up, ie at the moment, the 'color' texture shows up.
I need to know how to choose WHICH layer of texture shows up
ie, if i want to view the bump map, or the displacement map, or the spec map, in the viewport, on the object, instead of the color map.

thanks.
Adam

# 4 20-05-2004 , 11:04 PM
As far as I know, the only way to get things like the bump and spec map to show up in the viewport real-time is with the High-res mode turned on, but it's only in version 6.

# 5 20-05-2004 , 11:30 PM
In the shader attributes, under hardware texture you can set which channel is displayed (color, bump etc.)

# 6 21-05-2004 , 01:02 AM
ah ha!!

thanks dann, you're the mann user added image