Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-02-2008 , 01:59 AM

Duplicating a group, that contains a 3d placement node.

Hi all,

I have an eyeball. It is grouped to a 3d placement node, that projects it's texture onto it's surface. I want to duplicate it. When I duplicate it and move it off to one side, it seems fine.

but, when I select and move my original group, the texture begins to slide on the duplicate. Moving the duplicate's own texture projection node does nothing.

What has gone wrong? I have considered converting to file textures, but I end up wasting a lot of the texture space (since it is projected through, I get the front on one side of the texture and the back on the other.).

Here's an image,

thanks,

gubar

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-02-2008 , 03:53 AM
I would just bake the texture and leave it as that.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle