Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-10-2013 , 08:00 PM

Survey for Bachelor work - Please help

Hello everyone.

I'm working on my Bachelor thesis and would kindly ask you to help me out with a lil survey.
My Bachelor Thesis is about the profitability of Muscle Simulation in 3D Animation.
You just need to answere this shortly and i would thank you a lot! I really appreciate every single help! It would mean a lot to me.

How much time (hours) do you need to model a human body a) just the body, without the head b) the whole body with the head ?
How much time do you need to Rig this body and skin it?

If you ever used Muscle simulation :
How long did you need to set up a muscle system for this body?

If you worked with blendshape for a better result: How long did you work on those until everything worked?

# 2 14-10-2013 , 02:37 AM
I think quite a bit of this will come down to using a base mesh or not. Are you talking about high resolution sculpting? As for the rigging side of things I can rig and skin the body in about 45 minutes for a standard biped. Are you taking into account facial rigging as well? What about twist joints for animation? Muscles are another hour. The corrective poses come in at about 2 more hours due to tweaking. I push back and forth between ZBrush for the blendshapes given the toolset is better.

# 3 15-10-2013 , 12:49 AM
The Nurb Herd
if you are looking for a quote, i'd suggest two days for modeling. 2 days for rigging with muscles and a day for sim and cleanup.

# 4 09-11-2013 , 05:02 AM
# 5 09-11-2013 , 07:32 PM
Someone that likes Maya but suffers to master it :p

if you are looking for a quote, i'd suggest two days for modeling. 2 days for rigging with muscles and a day for sim and cleanup.

yeah, I think this is a very near value, if you are fast enough and skilled, and have full time for that project,then the periods you suggested are a good approximation user added image