Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 61 07-05-2005 , 01:24 AM
Thanks for your reply Dragonhawk user added image

The green blood is all poly modeled user added image

I hope the girld looks better now.

I thank i'll make another character to help the guy (hero), some one big and tough, with big gunsuser added image Oh and i'm going to remodel the guns for the hero and girl. And change a few things here and there in the background etc etc.

here an update:

Attached Thumbnails
# 62 07-05-2005 , 01:25 AM
back view:

Attached Thumbnails
# 63 07-05-2005 , 10:14 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey VK

First off Im impressed at your patience to use cloth, I wouldnt even attempt that at work because of the time taken to calculate an entire football squad with full kit on would be dumb. And I cant use it at home as I have Maya Complete so I model my stuff with generic creases and folds, they are not exact but they are the exception to the rule shall we say.

I prefer the girl in the red t shirt. It looks more kind of rugged like that instead of the usual cliched kind of Lara Croft look. Although I do see it from the Male point of view LOL.

Looking at the two scenes again I think the cave version is the better of the two.

Keep up the good work, regards

_J

# 64 07-05-2005 , 02:42 PM
so do you plan to do an animtion??i hope so ...would be fun to watch it

# 65 12-05-2005 , 08:56 AM
Hey Jangouser added image

Well I tryed to use cloth and its really hard to smooth binduser added image

So I just when back to the good old modeling the cloths way, like youuser added image

She has a Lara Croft look, hmm.. well I hope that my update is far from Lara Croftuser added image I've beed very busy, so as you can see I havn't had an update in a few days. so I got a little time on my hands right now, so that means model away!

So you like the cave version better, cool, i'll work more on that sceneuser added image I have more ideas as well same scene, but way different setup.

By the way, I didn't know you are a female:o For a girl you are doing awesome work! LOL user added image

Dragonhawk,

Doing an animation? Hmm... don't know if I have that kind of time, but if I do, I might do a small clip for fun.

Well heres the update, on the girl, (a little on the dark side).

Attached Thumbnails
# 66 12-05-2005 , 08:57 AM
oh, btw, this is still unsmooth, but in the final render I will smooth the whole sceneuser added image

Back view:

Attached Thumbnails
# 67 12-05-2005 , 02:41 PM
wow you proceed so fast!how long did it take you?on the model itself its all fine...post a wireframe possible if u wanna get critiques and to me i would make the string on the bud mor high if u undestand my german-english.....this way it doesnt look sexier as the string would be weared normally.and the texture do u use this maya integrated program? this "artisan" or how is it called to create textures or do u use phposhop???

# 68 12-05-2005 , 04:18 PM
Hey thamks Dragonhawkuser added image

Fast? hmm.. if you say souser added image I don't really know how long the model took me so far, as I am working on the guy and alien along with the background. So I will guess she took me 2 days, maybe 3.

I'm not sure I understand your german-english part, sorry:o

I use photoshop for all my textureinguser added image

Here are the wires:

Attached Thumbnails
# 69 12-05-2005 , 04:21 PM
back view:

Attached Thumbnails
# 70 12-05-2005 , 06:10 PM
VK

Am I right in thinking that you think Im a girl? I am a DUDE!!

Maybe it was my comment of 'seeing it from a guys point of view' I think I should have just written something like a guy would dress the girl in less clothes (I know I would) I was saying as a tongue in cheeked way.

No confusion Im definately a guy, I was this morning when I woke up anyway:p

Later
_J

# 71 12-05-2005 , 06:17 PM
I agree with dragonhawk that the thong is sitting to low, pull it up bit. Cool stuff indeed.

# 72 12-05-2005 , 06:18 PM
Jango,

LOL:p

I alway thought of you as a guy, and you are!

Just so you know I woke up this morning as a guy to:p So no more confusion on our basic ID user added image

Later

# 73 12-05-2005 , 06:20 PM
VK

Phew!!:p

Later dude

_J

# 74 12-05-2005 , 06:24 PM
DJbLAZER,

Thanks for helping me out, with what dragonhawk was trying to say, yeah I see what you guys are saying i'll fix ituser added image

# 75 12-05-2005 , 06:27 PM