Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 316 17-06-2014 , 07:14 PM
To switch gears I bought the Quixel suite yesterday. Must say it will save TONS of time in texturing. I plan on doing our jet collection for our game "Hard Deck." We hope to have about 20 jets to begin in the game and expand from there. We have about 5 built. But that is in 2 weeks. Plus we will sell them on Turbosquid.

This is a pic of a test texturing of a metal on the f-16 body. We need to sep the materials out and then add rivets and decals. But in all time to complete this will be drastically shortened through the suite.

EDIT: There it is in engine.

EDIT2: Decals and engine particle Fx laid in. Next will be animations and mechanics. Last being scaleform UI integration.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 18-06-2014 at 12:40 AM.
# 317 20-06-2014 , 07:52 PM
Today's agenda is the MIG. Let's see how far we can get this thing.

EDIT: First pass out of DDO done. Leon has decals for this guy. Then import into the engine to script into a vehicle. I have to fix the AO stacked UV problem and some repeatable areas that are too noticeable. But will do that in the maps.

EDIT2: Thrown in the engine to test whether geometry would import and a base map setup. You only use Albedo, Spec, Normal, and Gloss inside of the normal alpha.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 20-06-2014 at 10:44 PM.
# 318 23-06-2014 , 09:44 PM
So I put the decals and rivets on it. Next up is the Eurofighter.

EDIT1: Eurofighter is in the engine.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 24-06-2014 at 02:12 AM.
# 319 24-06-2014 , 02:03 AM
Next on the block is the A10.

Attached Thumbnails