Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-01-2004 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber

Problem with NURBS to Poly conversion

I am working on a turorial that incolves making a series of lofted curves, attaching the surfaces together to insert Isoparms, then converting the entire attached surface ino a polygon. It dosn't seen to be working like it should though. When I attached the lofted surfaces it ends up making lots of double edges, and it even looks like there are two surfaces. When I convert to poly the object dosn't change. It says there is a poly there in the outliner but when I select it and try to move it nothing moves. I don't know if this explanation of my problem makes any sence but if someone has a sugestion, that would be great.
Thanksuser added image

# 2 30-01-2004 , 04:54 PM
Delete the history of the surface you came from, then you can delete it. I had that problem for SO long.

Lungs not guns....
# 3 30-01-2004 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber
You will find that deleting the history of objects will become quite common when it comes to extending the modeling of a particular object.

# 4 31-01-2004 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, it worked, but the main problem was something a little different and a lot more simple (if a little embarasing). I had the Show polys set to off in the view to help clean up the display and make it easier. That is why it showed the object in the outliner but not on the screen. Ooops. Thanks for the help, though. deleting history has also sped things up a little;