Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-09-2002 , 06:06 AM

importing movie files?

Hello world, my dilema is:

i'm stuck on how to import a movie file into a plane. not nessesarily a image plane from a camera, just a nurb or lopy plane, so that i can place it on a modeled TV set.....

what am i doing wrong? i create a plane assign a file click on whatever.mov and error fail to load?

im sure there is another way of getting this done. please help..

thanks in advanced.user added image

# 2 20-09-2002 , 03:15 PM
Well ... just need to know ... are you talking about a movie per se like quicktime?

# 3 20-09-2002 , 03:44 PM
Because .. i understand in NT stations you can only import AVI files ... If it were a SGI station you could then import Quicktime and SGI movies also.

I suppose it´s because of the *Mov dilemma (How could Maya diferentiate between a quicktime *mov .. and a maya *mov...

(Well now that i think about it they could with a meta-header but that´s another story) ..

Besides that wouldn´t be an image plane but a Nurbs surface the one you want to display your movie in right? So in that case i suppose you could actually texture it with the movie itself (if it were in the right format) Shouldn´t it fellas?

Might want to check Maya´s docs on that one ...

Hope it helps ... bye

# 4 20-09-2002 , 09:48 PM
well thanks for the help, i found the import movie button, (duh on my part) and yeah .mov (quicktime movie will not play on it) so i imported a .avi movie, now here is the new problem...

when i render the scene the movie plane does not play, it stays on the first frame of the movie while the rest of the scene renders properly? any suggestions>?

thanks again

# 5 20-09-2002 , 10:53 PM
The Maya Mountain
one thing that is annoying in Maya's import movie settings is that you have the key the start and end frame of the movie...

# 6 21-09-2002 , 04:00 AM
ty good buddy user added image