Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 27-01-2007 , 04:48 PM
Acid44
thats awesome man quick progress too i like the eyes especially and the weapons greatuser added image

# 17 04-02-2007 , 05:59 AM
Thanks acid44. There goes my final images, unless someone has some crits to do.

My uvs and color maps. On second map there's some empty spaces, cause I had intention to make more elements for this char... Maybe I can do next days, I don't know.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Maya viewport (wires)

user added image

The same, without wires

user added image

Directional light + 3 point lights, no ray trace. I think this render looks too dark...

user added image

FG render

user added image

A large image, showing some modifications on her weapon. Click on image, for a larger version.

user added image

And thats it. Thanks for all those (few) fellows that commented and help me here. user added image

# 18 04-02-2007 , 06:30 AM
Absolutely stunning. Truly fantastic work through and through.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

# 19 05-02-2007 , 06:51 AM
Splendid job, Amauri.

The smirk on her face looks a little awkward in the first render but in the Final Gather render it looks sweet. Not sure why. I think it may be on the Directional light + 3 point lights render she appears to have a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow from the lighting.

Anyhow, goodluck in the competition and let me know how you do!

-Dave