Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 31-08-2008 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber

no selection field in my toolbar?

I am currently watching a DT tutorial and the instructor uses a selection technique using the selection entry field in the tool bar that located on THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TOOLBAR...but i don't have one in my tool bar, and cant find where it would be??]please help
THanks
here is the pic of his toolbar

Attached Thumbnails

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP
# 2 31-08-2008 , 12:45 AM
Lifetime Member
If you are using a later version of Maya it was changed and looks a little different , I think the default is absolute transfom which is 3 boxes of X,Y and Z but if you click on the little downward looking arrow to the left of them there are other options and you want to choose Select By Name.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 31-08-2008 , 06:06 AM
Subscriber
john is completely correct.., and also if you click on the lines (next to the clapper board) with the little triangles in the middle.., this will open a number of other tools.., when you see those triangles on those lines it means that section of tools is closed.., you click the triangle and it opens.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 31-08-2008 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
thanks guys got it. Really appreciate ituser added image

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP