Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-04-2005 , 06:16 PM

The Menu Bar

Hi Guys!

Somehow I have managed to press a button that makes my MENU BAR in the TOP and my Dock (on my mac) disappear when I use Maya.

I was pressing a lot of buttons trying to find a button that I can use on my mac instead of th PC`s "insert" button. (My stupid way of fixing things ha ha)

I have even re-installed Maya, but still the BAR MENU and my DOCK was missing

If anyone knows what to do or have any suggestions, please answer. I am new to maya and very inspired at the moment so it hard to spend time looking for this.

Thank You

I really like this site by the way

Angevens

# 2 15-04-2005 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
Should be the same as on PC. If I understand what you want right. its CTRL m" to togle the menu and shift M to togle the menu on the viewports.

# 3 16-04-2005 , 08:13 AM
Thanks again Pony!

shift M displayed the "menu bar" above the perspective view with menus such as VIEW SHADING PANELS SHOW LAYOUTS, but what I am looking for is the "MENU BAR" in the top of the screen with FILE EDIT MODIFY DISPLAY WINDOW and so on

It might ofcourse be controlled by my Mac-settings, but the problem is only in Maya so I am guessing there is a way to turn them on again.

If I press ctrl-F1-F2-F1 Then its displayed, but only for one menu selection if you know what I mean.

Thanks a lot for trying to help Pony, Appreciate that.

Angevens

# 4 16-04-2005 , 08:32 AM
Subscriber
That would be the "Status Line" and you can you turn it back on under the Diplay>UI Elements>status line. Sorry don't know a shorcut of the top of my head for that. But for fun try CTRL+Spacebar to toggle on or off all UI elements except the menu.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 16-04-2005 , 09:15 AM
Thanks guys.

I found a solution! A weird one I think, but it worked.

Great

Angevens