Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-08-2004 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber

scroll wheel

Had a quick search among past posts, and this seems a newish question so here goes,

Using Maya 6 I use the MMB more to zoom in and out of a scene rather than ALT RMB. The problem being that to scroll in X amount of distance you have to rotate the wheel several times (say 4 or 5) to get into enough detail, after some work is done I try and zoom out. At this point rotating the mouse wheel out even a little bit causes the Maya scene to zoom out a large amount.

Is there a way to set Maya so that a single rotation of the mouse wheel zooms out the same distance as it zoom in, or should I get into the habbit of using ALT RMB?

Hope all that makes sense user added image

# 2 13-08-2004 , 12:37 AM
Well I don't use the wheel myself, but I'd bet is has to do with the slow/medium/fast buttons above the channel editor.