Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-10-2004 , 01:21 PM
The Maya Mountain

Oct/Nov Challenge Rules and Guidelines!

October - November Challenge!

Nightmare!

In honor of the spooky season that is associated with the month of October, we're going to switch gears a bit!

The goal: Create a nightmare scene! Be as creative as you want! Go for traditional stuff (falling, being chased, nude in front of class, etc) or more scary, horror stuff. We only ask that you not show full-frontal nudity and keep politics/religion/ethnicity/etc out of it.

1) Show concepts! Show progress!

2) Lighting IS required. Texturing, rigging, animation, etc however is NOT. How's THAT for a change of pace?

3) BONUS goal: If you really want to challenge yourself, see if you can texture your scene. Don't kill yourself for this one, though. Lighting and presentation is going to be the main judging criteria.

4) Label your thread thusly:

Oct/Nov - Norm or Noob - Your name

Choose to classify yourself as a Normal or Noobie class entry. Whichever class you choose is the class your final submitted entry will compete against! A winner will be chosen from both classes.

5) Mods and Admins can enter, but are inelligible to win and do not count toward the Grand Prize consideration of 8 or 5 entries mentioned below. If a mod chooses to participate, choose "Mod" class rather than Norm or Noob.

6) If 8+ Normal entries and/or 5+ Newbie entries finish among the 3 Simply sites participating, a Grand Prize will be rewarded! Regular VIP point prizes will be awarded to both a Normal and Newbie winner, if the number is not met!

7) Final entries must be posted into a Final Entry thread that a mod will create in the last couple weeks of the challenge.

The due date of the challenge is November 30th!

Normal Grand Prize:

A book (any art subject book, whether educational or reference or whatever) and a choice of a tshirt or mug.

Newbie Grand Prize:

1 SM DVD of their choice and 14 points

Ask any questions here.

# 2 01-10-2004 , 01:24 PM
Great, I love it!! user added image, this should prove very fun!

# 3 01-10-2004 , 01:28 PM
Mike, let me get this straight: making an animation or very short movie out of this will -not- score?

# 4 01-10-2004 , 01:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Correct. Only the scene's presentation, mood, etc matters. However, if you'd like to make an animation, that's fine.

# 5 01-10-2004 , 01:44 PM
fine for me user added image

yuko
# 6 01-10-2004 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber

cool

love the ideauser added image, totally different from the other challenges.

Daeuser added image

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 7 01-10-2004 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
Definately a good one. For clarification (mine): The object is to set the appropriate mood via the one scene capture?

t3

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 8 01-10-2004 , 08:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
right

# 9 02-10-2004 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
Sounds like a good challenge but i've just got too many W.I.Ps to enter this month. user added image

# 10 02-10-2004 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber
hey mike.. curiously..
i started a model just last week that woudl be good for this.. havent really goten too far on it.. only had about an hour or so to put into it..
if i feel so inclined to take part in this challenge.. might i enter that one?...

or, woudl me having started it a week ago throw me out as far as that specific model goes?.. i figured it'd be unfiar and all, but .. thgouth i'd ask

LEgend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 02-10-2004 , 02:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
post a pic and we'll see.

# 12 02-10-2004 , 05:43 PM
Nice twist to this months challenge Mike!!! I was just wondering where the results from last months challenge are???

Darkness Falls... From Where???
# 13 02-10-2004 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
I already asked that one: They are on the Challenge threads on the SimplyLightwave and SM forums. Look at the "Previous". I think registration at the SL site is required. I have not registered so cannot view all the entries.

t3

# 14 02-10-2004 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber

Clarification please.

Can I utilize r/l film clip and add my lighting to my special effects? Also, is it permitted to utilize other than maya programs in the processes as long as the lighting is done in maya?

t3logy

# 15 02-10-2004 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber
pic of what i'm trying to model, or a pic of what i've got done so far?..

lol

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!