Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-06-2006 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber

Conforming to surface

Is there a way to make a curve or surface conform to the shape of another surface that it's surrounding? Or, if i make a curve, is there a way to project that onto a polygon object so that it splits the faces up in the same pattern and shape of the curve?

# 2 04-06-2006 , 05:43 AM
Not really sure what you mean...but you can cut an object using a curve. So if you make a curve, then make a NURBS object...then you can go edit nurbs>project curve on surface, then you click on what part of the nurb you want to keep, and it will split them, then you can delete the other part...

Might not be what you wanted, but you can mess around with it.

# 3 04-06-2006 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
that's almost what i want...right now i have a polygon object...it there a way to do that with a polygon as well? i don't want to have to conver to sub-d to nurbs, project, then back to poly...would really make the mesh more dense than it needs to be

# 4 04-06-2006 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
not sre but mayb tweak the edges so match curve and extract he too parts - ie select all the faces on one side of the "curve" and extract them so u have two parts but im not really sure want it is exactly u need to do

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 04-06-2006 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber
i was thinking of doing that...just hoped there was an easier way :p Thank you user added image