Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-09-2006 , 11:03 AM
Subscriber

Hardware High Quality Lighting. Problem.

Problem with Hardware High Quality Lighting.

I am having problems with either rendering
in Hardware mode with High Quality Lighting turned on.
If I use Hardware Buffer Render then it renders fine but cannot save the image...
Do you have any tips for me?
Is the hardware good enough or should I have bought a FireGL Card?

Hardware Specs

AMD 4800+ X2 Dual Core
2Gb Dual DDR400
Sapphire Crossfire Express 3200 Mainboard
2x250Gb Seagate HDD SATA - RAID 0
-CROSSFIRE-
1x ATI X1900 XT 512Mb GDDR3
1x ATI X1900 XTX 512Mb GDDR3
500w PSU

With my currenct config I can render 2,500,000 Polygons in 4 sec with 30+ Samples...

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>
# 2 10-09-2006 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
i would guess this is maya 8?? because i am having exactly the same problem and i am using nvidia Quadro4 750 XGL and that definately has open GL on it, in it, whatever it is?

I hope you can solve it because I'm having to use maya 7 and 8, maya 7 for hardware rendering of anything because 8 will not do particles or high quality view port render?

I kind of like 7, maybe i haven't used or read the advantages of 8 yet. not being a real wiz on maya i find it hard to see much differance except fot the logo when it boots up.

user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 10-09-2006 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
You souldn't have problems as you have the recomended HW.
When I decided to get the Crossfire, I read that it works with all
applications etc... I am really sorry I never went for the ATI FIREGL though...

I found a way for me to render in hardware without getting any artifacting. I use the hardware buffer render, but unfortunatly it does not support saving etc... :headbang:
If they release Maya PLE 8 then I will have a look to see if it works with my card there first before I make any decisions...

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>