Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-09-2008 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber

Duplicating Polygons Vertices problems

Hi everyone,
i am having a problem, im trying to model a basic house with room layouts and walls; seems straightforward, but when i duplicate a wall and rotate it to a new position , i want to select the vertices of my duplicated wall to change the size, but when i select it; both the original wall and the duplicated wall change with the transformation tools, can anyone help its driving me mad.

Bob

# 2 13-09-2008 , 04:59 PM
How did you duplicate it? Try deleting history. whatever it is it should work.
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 13-09-2008 , 06:01 PM
I guess that you made instances of the objects you duplicated.
Try using the duplicate options (in edit rollout) and make a 'copy' of your objects in place of 'instance'.

# 4 13-09-2008 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber

vertices duplication

hi Guys thanks for this, ill try when i get into work, but to answer your question i just pushed duplicate on a polygon cube, and rotated 90 degrees and rather than use the scale tool i selected the vertices and then the corresponding point on the original polygon went yellow.
Have i not set-up something in the settings and preferences
bob

# 5 14-09-2008 , 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
Yeah it does sound like you have 'instance' checked instead of 'copy' under the dupe options.

- Genny
# 6 14-09-2008 , 02:58 PM
Subscriber

so close

hi Guys
ok no luck so far, but Genny said to look in the dupe settings but i cant find these, and i have looked under the preferences section, we are so close to fixing this please help
Bob

# 7 14-09-2008 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber

success

you guys are wonderful, problem solved. i didn't see the little square boxes next to the drop downs.

Bob:attn: