Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-04-2009 , 01:42 PM

Using 2 cameras in an animation

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a keyframed animation in maya with 2 cameras'

I want the animation to be viewed from one camera and then for the view to change to the other camera half way through.

Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Thanks

# 2 29-04-2009 , 01:50 PM
You generally would render one camera then the other and do this in the edit although if I remember correctly, there is a script available on highend3d that does this for you.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 29-04-2009 , 02:12 PM
so there's no simple way that's already built into maya for doing this?

Also, I've taken a look at the free tutorials on this site but there doesn't seem to be much there.

You wouldn't happen to know of any for creating a floor and backdrop for an animation would you?

# 4 29-04-2009 , 02:21 PM
No there is no simple way to do it in maya, its not an editing programme, but that script that i pointed out would do it for you.

A floor and a backdrop.... You may have to be a tad more specific, theres lots of tutorial online if you google it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 29-04-2009 , 03:12 PM
i guess the floor and backdrop thing is pretty simple to find.

im pretty new to maya so i guess ill try googling for something that shows me how to use the script u mentioned.

thanks for the assist btw
much appreciated

# 6 29-04-2009 , 07:31 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
If you storyboard your animation first you can determine where the camera's need to be so you don'y lose much time on rendering

# 7 29-04-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
you could use the command line to render specific cameras for specific frames

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 29-04-2009 , 10:08 PM
use a command line for it?

sounds like it might be a little complicated (if its anything like using the old DOS command line)

ill try googlin for some info on that

you wouldn't happen to know of a good resource which would show me how its done would you? (just in case i have a hard time findin something too user added image

much appreciated

# 9 29-04-2009 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
https://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorial.../command01.asp

it's pretty simple..

just open the command line where you keep the scene file (if you're using vista hold down shift and right click on the scenes folder and select 'open command line here', if you're using xp get the power toy or just use the cd command, if you're using mac open terminal type cd and drag the folder's address over to it)

then type Render -r mr -s 10 -e 100 -b 1 yourScene.mb

there's a flag that will let you choose the camera too

i'm not at home and i think someone pointed out all the flags you could use for it...

make a batch file with two of those lines (one for each camera) then run the batch file
(just make a text file and rename the extension .bat)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 29-04-2009 , 11:20 PM
thats great

ill give that a go 2mro (later today lol)

much appreciated. ill let you know how it goes user added image

# 11 01-05-2009 , 04:07 PM
I don't have the time to be trying out the command line method what with all the uni work and stuff.

Anyway, I thought of just using the same camera but keyframing it such that it moves instantly to the other viewpoint. Seems to work well and has the desired effect user added image

Thanks for the assist
Hopefully I'll get time to use try the command line soon