Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-02-2003 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber

MAYA RTA?

Is there any information about Maya Realtime author?
I really need to get hold of this for work but cant get any info from their web site cost, availability etc.. does anyone know?

# 2 18-02-2003 , 01:47 PM
SM Alumni
Seems like A|W have pulled this from their site user added image - there was a whole section for it.
Maybe worth emailing A|W and seeing what theyre response is... ?

# 3 18-02-2003 , 01:56 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I did that a couple of days ago, but no come back as yet, does any one know how much it costs?

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 4 19-02-2003 , 02:38 AM
Last time i saw it on their site I'm pretty sure it was $1000 US

# 5 28-02-2003 , 12:17 AM
I think they stopped developing for it. You'd be better off learning lingo, or getting someone who knows lingo really well. RTA was kinda weak.

# 6 28-02-2003 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber
Thats the problem with large companies, the responce is horrible. I went to a small business a few days back.. i had a responce in hours.. now that is what bought me out user added image.. not to mention they had the best prices on the web.. heheheh.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 28-02-2003 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
But if Maya is the best all round 3D app in the world why is it so shite when it comes to producing web 3d interactive content for the web, when the final product needs to be produce in house and there arnt the tools to do it. We havent got time to learn Lingo or now employ freelancer to do it...I hate to say it but we should have used 3ds Max, but now dont have the time to learn another app all part of the learning curve.......

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 8 28-02-2003 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
Hi Stephen,

eh... they still seem to have a "Maya Shockwave 3DExporter"... -->
https://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Com...ockwave_m.html

but maybe some of these other things might be useful... "The Walkabout Developers Kit" from Mayim Visual Solutions... -->
https://www.mayim.com/

ViewPoint should also be a great thing for webthings... and there is also a plugin for Maya... more info... -->
https://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Wha...viewpoint.html
and...
https://www.viewpoint.com/

and here is the plugin, but unfortunately they don't seem to have one for Maya 4.5, this is properly not useful... user added image
https://developer.viewpoint.com/index...jsp?tool_id=41

otherwise it they might be converted with these tools... -->
https://developer.viewpoint.com/index...jsp?tool_id=41

don't know if it helps... but the "Maya Shockwave 3DExporter" should work... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 9 28-02-2003 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber
damn... made some forgetting words mistake... user added image

it should have said to Maya 4.5 and viewpoint... that if you're using this version of Maya, that it then properly isn't useful... but then the tools mentioned in the last link might help with it... user added image

sorry...

regards

Strarup

# 10 28-02-2003 , 10:22 AM
Subscriber

WEB 3D

Thanks for your attention here but the problem is that the model is made in MAYA but needs to be exported as w3d (I have the exporter) but its got to have the "HKE" aqivelant file for the dynamics to be used in Director and our programmers dont have the time available to learn the LINGO needed.

# 11 01-03-2003 , 07:12 AM

# 12 03-03-2003 , 08:46 AM
Subscriber

Havok not supporting Maya anymore

Hi there thanks for your link but I have had a talk to them people at Havok and they say that there is no more development for Maya and Havok as there has been not enough interest to continue development, the plugin exporter is only available when you buy their SDK kit. Aliaswavefront must do something to fill this gap now I have to learn MAX and reator to finish the job...!

# 13 03-03-2003 , 07:20 PM
people are still doing 3D on the web??

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 14 04-03-2003 , 08:53 AM
Subscriber

3D on the web

Well I have been learning Maya for about year and half and now in a professional environment and I have to say that there is a great interest in 3D web work, especially in CDROM with an internet browser. Educational interaction is the way forward......

# 15 04-03-2003 , 06:56 PM
Yeah, there's tons of possibilities, but web3d has to get better looking. Also you gotta take into account that everybody's got different systems. It's terrible when u have something that runs real well and looks nice on your machine w/ your nice 3d card, but most users will get the dreaded default software renderer because their graphics cards don't have enough RAM. Then there's the problem of how many diff. web3d plugins there are. So many issues right now for web3d.