Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 121 19-05-2003 , 06:59 PM
Subscriber
hehe, i shot this one myself!!! Just zoomed in and spun around haha.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 122 22-05-2003 , 06:07 AM
Subscriber
HahahAHaHahaHa okay thats funny, he really performed that well eh guys?

Attached Files
File Type: zip tappin_getting_tapped.zip (746.8 KB, 163 views)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 123 22-05-2003 , 06:29 AM

getting tapped

nice going vectorman
cant wait to see the lot...

# 124 22-05-2003 , 04:22 PM
Subscriber
thanx man, yes the anticipation is killin me too, i've barely seen any of this movie besides what you guys have seeen.

# 125 23-05-2003 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
heres another teaser, because i haven't tweaked the particle system, i have to do that, and then i'll be able to render some more frames.

Attached Thumbnails

# 126 24-05-2003 , 03:50 AM

one scene of the movie

ok this is for those who are intorested. it's a clip of one of the scenes. youi should know, there are 2 people working on this movie in VFX Vecterman, and a kid named jacob so anyway this is one of the scenes, both these people i feel are truly talented, and all the VFX in this scene are done by jacob, bens scenes i will post up later. so if your interosted this scene is 35 MB and it's Divx
thanks allot i would love your cretecs my aim screen name is elisNangel
www.joanleegant.com/oneofclimax.avi

Eli
You all amaze me.
"i'll try to keep my posted shoter next time"
hahaha, i really cant spell. heh.

# 127 26-05-2003 , 07:15 PM

Attack Ship Texture

here's the latest rendering

Attached Thumbnails
# 128 26-05-2003 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
wow very cool greg, bet thats gonna look sweet in maya!!! I noticed a huge difference from the shots you sent me of the first texture, to the ones i got out of maya.

# 129 26-05-2003 , 08:27 PM
greg that looks grewat! i love it! i cant wait to throw it together when ben has the lcips done, my deadline of having most of these shots is about a weeek or so, so good timing man! looks great! thanks allot!

Eli
You all amaze me.

# 130 26-05-2003 , 10:54 PM
emmmm what is it? lol or am i just being really stupid? user added image There's also a bit of UV stretching on the middle bit, or is that intentional? how big is the texture map on that?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 131 26-05-2003 , 11:13 PM
1024 x 1024 planar mapped on the z axis
final texture is 3000 x3000
yes its stretched... working on that now

# 132 27-05-2003 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber
hey greg, once again, i'ma need you to send all the textures again, maybe you could zip them all into one file this time. And about the planar mapping, you could send me a screen of you're layout and i could copy it, because i can load it in as the texture, and then my UVs will be ontop and i could just make them look the same. Can't wait to see how the tranparency map comes out, i see how it will look cool now!!

# 133 28-05-2003 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber
WIP but C&C welcome, how does the shadows look?? Don't mind the lowres spaceship, i'm working on the details so i don't need full RES renders.

Attached Files
File Type: zip barn with kids.zip (291.2 KB, 167 views)

# 134 29-05-2003 , 04:26 AM

here is a poster

Eli
You all amaze me.

# 135 29-05-2003 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
Okay, just so yall know, Eli is in the upper left looking funny, my little brother stevo is in the middle (left) and the kid who's making the documentary for them movie is in the lower right