Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-08-2011 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber

Maya2012 - combining two objects: both disappear

I am working on a model and would like to combine two parts together so i can merge some verts. Specifically the pistol grip and trigger guard of a gun to it's lower receiver.

the count for each is under 2000

i have both selected and hit combine and they both disappear. i hit F to frame it but it's gone. I have cleared history and tried again, still the same thing.

can anyone help me please? thank you

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 18-08-2011 , 09:53 PM
Technical Director
Do you have backface culling on? It could be that your model is flipping it's normals, which are then being culled. Do the objects disappear in the outliner?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 18-08-2011 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
nm, my dumbass had isolation mode on lol

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 4 19-08-2011 , 11:49 PM
I do that all the time. I was you could set the default for isolation to be auto add new objects. I always forget and things disappear.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675