Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-09-2011 , 03:46 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Work Possiblities!!

Hey All

I thought I'd post this up https://www.aniboom.com/

its basically a virtual studio, and you work on real live projects if you are selected. You need to register your skillsets, Modelling, Animation and all that first, and it may be a place where you can get work from and do in your own home, the great thing is, its tv and film related, and the clients are for example 20th century fox amongst others. I thought this may be useful for those wanting to work/or are in the industry and are having a bit of trouble getting work or even that first foot in the door. This could possibly put a few things on the CV and get you going.

anyway check it out first, its pretty neat.

Jay

# 2 11-09-2011 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
Many Thx - just need me internet back now

# 3 11-09-2011 , 04:23 PM
No probs, get it sorted and get registered

J

# 4 11-09-2011 , 05:32 PM
Thanks for the link Jay, just signed up.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has worked for them before, or know anyone who has - Jay?

cheers

gubar

# 5 23-09-2011 , 10:51 PM
Lifetime Member
Jay what is the process for being able to submit tutorial videos to SimplyMaya I have learned a lot from the community here and I would be interested in possibly submitting some of my work and tutorials. Do I have to do a video tutorial or can we do PDF tutorials as well?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this type of question.

Thanks

Jake

# 6 23-09-2011 , 11:28 PM
joverall

Well its down to David really he is the owner. Basically if he sees somebody with the potential to do a tute he'll ask you. You can approach him though, he is a very approachable guy. Just PM him see what he says. I think he would like to see some stuff from you first anyway, you have only posted 3 times so it doesnt tell him much - Im sure you understand. Because I work in the industry too it kind of works that way, I have experience of film and tv so I can share little bits and pieces that you wont find in a manual - that kind of thing, show you how to get the best out of the software with minimal fuss and all that. Anyway Just give him a shout, he'll be fine

Jay

# 7 24-09-2011 , 12:07 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks I have been following SimplyMaya for the past five years but I didn't feel like 3d would ever be anything more than a hobby for me until very recently I've decided I have to at least try to make it in the Animation world.

Jake