Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-04-2005 , 07:10 PM

PaintFX hair in Maya

Hi, i modeled 3 heads now. I UVed mapped them, and now i was about to texture them.

But now that i think, i should start putting in hair/ eyelashes/ eyebrows. I'm thinking of using PaintFX in Maya to create them. I've found some tutorials on how to do hair using control curves.

i was wondering, what the most effective and efficient way of creating hair/ eyebrows/ eyelashes with PaintFX would be.

For eyelashes, i think the best way would be using the control curves, but for eyebrows... perhaps using nurbs surface?.. i'm not sure if i should use all same methods on all three different parts of hair.

user added image

*they are 3 seperate files, i just imported them to show on same image file

*i got rid of all refines just for now. i'll add sub-d refines when after textures and hair is all in place