Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-12-2004 , 06:49 PM

Help me rotate the persp view plz...

I rotate the view, but when I do that, the model tends to go off screen. How do I rotate the view so the model doesn't go off screen? I hit alt then left mouse drag to do this... Please Help me.

-Jade Empire
# 2 23-12-2004 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
Rotate is just one of the three fundamental controls in the perspective view. You'll need to also 'strafe' (for lack of a better word) the view by holding Alt and dragging with the middle mouse button held down. You may also need to zoom in or out by holding Alt and dragging with the right mouse button held down.

Manipulating these three controls in the perspective view to see exactly what you want may seem very cumbersome at first, but you'll soon get used to it. Alternatively, you can also select a specific part of your model (certain vertices/faces....) and then hit the 'f' key to 'focus' the perspective view on that area.

# 3 23-12-2004 , 07:17 PM
Thank you so much...that helped a whole lot. Now I can actually see the part that needs editing.

-Jade Empire
# 4 23-12-2004 , 07:48 PM
Subscriber
Jade
Maya comes with 7 simple tutorials that show you the basics of using maya.

Goto the help menu and select ";learning movies"

That should help you out..