Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-06-2007 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber

rendering out my scene

I have just about finished my scene. I have the background and lighting to do and my rain effect. My questions is would I get a better effect if I rendered the rooms animated with the cameras on a separate layer then the lighting,on a separate layer as well as my sky dome and particle effects separate. I was told if you render each separate I could take each in to after effects and play with the intensity. Would I get a better effect if I render all at once in maya. I Need help it's do next thursday.

# 2 12-06-2007 , 11:32 AM
You'll get more control using layers so I would go with that.

Theres tutorial on this on gnomon's website, its free and gpes over what you should render as the passes.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 13-06-2007 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
thanks Gster