Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 23-12-2008 , 11:58 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 17 24-12-2008 , 12:20 AM
LOL, I don't plan on doing any texturing on it. I HATE, HATE, HATE...HATE texturing. I hated it before I learned how to texture, and now that I do know how to texture, I hate it even more, hehe. I may add some color to it and lighting and reder it out, but not sure yet. Oh yeah, did I mention I HATE texturing.

Sorry to dissappoint anyone who was expecting to see this textured. However, I do plan on texturing, lighting and such on my next project which will be an attempted animated short. Actually, laying out the UV's isn't too bad, I mostly dislike the having to search for textures or make textures. I'd much rather model something, then layout the uv's and even rig it then pass it on to someone else to mess with the texturing and lighting and such.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 18 24-12-2008 , 06:25 AM
a section of the platforms. Created using the Create Geometry Tool and then extruding.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 19 24-12-2008 , 06:26 AM
another section of the platforms

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 20 24-12-2008 , 06:28 AM
The Center Platform

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 21 24-12-2008 , 06:31 AM
I created half of this with create geometry tool then duplicated other half, combined, then extruded. Then added some extruded cylinders and cubes on top.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 22 24-12-2008 , 06:34 AM
Here I just created a cube, then duplicated it several times while adjusting the size. Then added an extrude to a few of them. Once I had a pattern I liked, I just duplicated the pattern over and over around the platform.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 23 24-12-2008 , 06:38 AM
This is the geometry to fill in the first platform I posted. Again, I used Create Geometry tool and then extruded. Each level/layer on the right is a separate peice of geometry. Then I added some cylinders on top.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 24 24-12-2008 , 06:42 AM
Here I created a cylinder and a cube and then beveled the edges. The L shaped one I created with the Create Polygon Tool then extruded the thickness.

Edit: This will change a little as I now realize that the smaller cylinders are lights so I'll be adding an extra piece on top to make it like a light.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 24-12-2008 at 06:44 AM.
# 25 24-12-2008 , 06:49 AM
I created a cylinder and added some extrudes. Then added 3 more cylinders. The other two pieces I created by making a cube in the general shape with divisions. Then I used split polygon tool to make a round corner inside the 4 corners of the front and rear faces. Then I performed a smooth and deleted some unneccessary edge lines created from the smooth. Then I extruded inward the front and rear faces. After that, I used a non-linear bend to curve it a little.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 26 24-12-2008 , 06:56 AM
I created the building from a cube with 3 sides. Then I beveled 3 of the edges and then did some extrudes. Then I created a plane with divisions, deleted some faces and then extruded to created the grill looking things. After that I created another thin cube , shaped it like the building (looking from top), and duplicated it several times upward for window section thingys. Antenna was created from cylinder.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 27 24-12-2008 , 07:04 AM
The piece highlighted on the left was created from a 6 sided cube and then extruded. I used Split Polygon tool, Bevel, and extrude tool to create the grill thing on the backside. The rest was just a cylinder, duplicated long narrow cubes and duplicated thin cylinders.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 28 24-12-2008 , 07:06 AM
The main part of the build was a cube with several extrudes. The object on top was 1/4 of a sphere and then scaled vertically, then added some extrudes.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 29 24-12-2008 , 07:09 AM
6 sided cube cut to 45 deg angle using the cut face tool, then used split polygon tool and extrudes. Then just added some cubes on the outside.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 30 24-12-2008 , 07:12 AM
Erm...started with a cube and then added some cuts, splits and extrudes for the highlighted section. Everything else is extruded cubes as well (4 sided and 6 sided). The antenna are 3 sided cubes.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!