Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-04-2017 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Hypershade to model

Having used the uv editor and taken the objects into Photoshop I then take it back to hypershade to place it on my model, though it is only the badge for a radiator on my MG I finish up with six or more. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

# 2 18-04-2017 , 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Check the 2D placement node on the texture and see if it's repeatUV is set to greater than 1.000.

- Genny
# 3 24-04-2017 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
Hi Genny,
Thanks for the reply. I am new to this modelling so I hope you will bear with me. I didn't quite understand what you was saying about the 2D node. It is just a hobby for me to keep my brain active as I am 82 yrs on the 30th April. If you can advise me about some tutorials to understand nodes better I will be most grateful.

Arthur

# 4 26-04-2017 , 02:05 AM
Super Moderator
I'll make a short video. I made an assumption as to what the issue might be. Could you post screenshots of the problem? Just to clarify.

- Genny
# 5 30-04-2017 , 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

- Genny

Last edited by Gen; 30-04-2017 at 03:10 AM.
# 6 16-05-2017 , 11:20 AM
SM Tea Boy
I'm going to see if i can fix the embed problem now, also a few other things round the forum are needing an update! Nice video BTW

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 16-05-2017 , 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to see if i can fix the embed problem now, also a few other things round the forum are needing an update! Nice video BTW

Thanks and thanks! user added image

- Genny