Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-09-2005 , 09:46 AM

Time-Slice Fluid under-water blood trail

ello all.....

Time-Slice Fluid under-water blood trail......

Sounds crazy.... but that is what the client wants..... should be simple enough, if only I can get these fluids I'm creating to stay still for a 100 frames or so........

Ideally I will paint a 3D fluid container so it has roughly the right shape to form the Blood trail....... I will then run the simulation for around 50 frames then freeze all dynamic simulation while raceing the camera around the trail in a 180 degree curve, this will take around 100 frames.

Setting an initial or goal state it all very well but if anybody could tell me how you just sop it from simulating at all I would be very appreciative.......

JayGee

# 2 09-09-2005 , 08:03 PM
Hmmm, this is a good question...

My first thought was attenuation, but fluids are different in that way, so:

One way would be to use the Fluid SHADER to shade particle clouds so you can use the attenuation feature to controll the speed of your sim.

I'll keep looking....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 26-09-2005 , 05:24 PM
Subscriber
try fiddling with the viscosity setting... 0 makes it flow like water 1 makes it flow like tar...

and/or

also the boyancy on the density needs to be really low as well to get a very subtle movement on the fluids and as you know boyancy makes the fluids go up or down 1 being up -1 being down and 0 it doesn't go anywhere at all and the only thing driving the fluids IF ANYTHING at all is the gravity...

you can actually keyframe these settings too user added image

# 4 26-09-2005 , 07:49 PM
Another good answer from Razor!

Good job man!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 23-10-2005 , 06:59 AM
you could also try lowering the simulation scale parameter, this effects the speed at which the simulation occurs

# 6 25-10-2005 , 03:43 PM
You could simply set your initial state then turn the sim off. There is a switch under dynamic simulation.

# 7 24-11-2011 , 11:39 AM
very thank you guys. your guidelines were so helpful for me.