Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-09-2005 , 01:24 PM

Re-connecting PolySmoothProxy???

ok, i have created a model by PolySmoothProxy. then, when the modeling was done, i duplicated the smooth version and deleted all incoming connections. then, the proxy, i did UnmirrorSmoothProxy.
now, i realize that when binding the skin, maybe i could have used the Proxy mesh for binding rather than the smooth mesh. would that be a good idea? also, now that the connection is broken, is there any way to reconnect the proxy with the smooth mesh? some script, maybe?
i pulled a few vertices in the smooth mesh, but the number of vertices is still the same. i tried to connect them in the connection editor, but seems can't be done as the attribute needed is not visible in the editor.
can someone help me out? ??

# 2 28-09-2005 , 07:08 AM
hi utpal

yes i would skin the proxy mesh, not the smooth. that's the whole idea of proxy skinning.

try using the hypergraph to reconnect the proxy mesh back to your smooth. Ctrl+drag the node to try to get it to connect with default attributes, if not, the connection editor will open. if that still doesn't work then i don't know ... just recreate the proxy i guess. It wouldn't take long at all...

good luck!

cheers
user added image

# 3 28-09-2005 , 07:51 AM

Originally posted by lisa_ching

try using the hypergraph to reconnect the proxy mesh back to your smooth. Ctrl+drag the node to try to get it to connect with default attributes, if not, the connection editor will open. if that still doesn't work then i don't know ... just recreate the proxy i guess. It wouldn't take long at all...

user added image

lisa, i already tried the first two methods that you are talking about. doesn't work.
how would i recreate the proxy?? i don't know that one.

# 4 30-09-2005 , 06:57 AM
hi

i meant just apply smooth proxy to the base shape again... (redo, in other words!)

sorry if that didn't help utpal!

user added image