Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-02-2010 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber

new animation

# 2 13-02-2010 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
The only thing i can say about the video is the character doesn't seem to have any weight.
HE seems to be....floating? while i can see that his feet touch the ground, i cant tell that his feet are touching the ground, if that makes sense. Over all I'd give it a good grade. Just try to study some real world reference of how someones weight will effect them as they walk and dance, what types of inherent motions a body takes on due to movement and gravity, aside form the motions that are obvious form walking/ dancing.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 3 13-02-2010 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by legendofzombi
The only thing i can say about the video is the character doesn't seem to have any weight.
HE seems to be....floating? while i can see that his feet touch the ground, i cant tell that his feet are touching the ground, if that makes sense. Over all I'd give it a good grade. Just try to study some real world reference of how someones weight will effect them as they walk and dance, what types of inherent motions a body takes on due to movement and gravity, aside form the motions that are obvious form walking/ dancing.

G-man

thanks man. This is my first attempt at making a animation like this. I see what you mean he does feel a little light. I will get better though as I keep doing it. I needed to get the whole animation done and I animated over 120 poses over 15 seconds, it was a lot of work but fun. I probably could have done a lot more, but I want a potential employer to know I know how to animate which was the main goal. I will add more animation to clean it up in the future. Thanks for the crit though.

# 4 14-02-2010 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
No problem.

Look forward to seeing more work in the future.
G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!