Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-12-2011 , 07:59 PM
Administrator

The Art of Destruction - Production Workflows for Explosions

# 2 15-12-2011 , 09:08 PM
Technical Director
Interesting, I'll have to take a further look through it. Thanks for sharing!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 15-12-2011 , 09:42 PM
The thin red line
Does any one know how meny people worked on this and how long it took............dave

# 4 16-12-2011 , 07:50 AM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 16-12-2011 , 09:13 AM
SM Tea Boy
Well it inspired me to go and get a copy of Dynamica. Rigid body simulations in Maya are very poor I've always used nCloth or skipped Maya altogether and used Realflow.

Have not had a chance to really use DMM yet but as it comes out the box with a simulation limit I thought i'd give the bullet physics a go (Dynamica). Did this in a few minutes 500 separate objects simulated in real time, I was pretty impressed it's much better than trying to get anything usable out of maya's ridged body system and it's simple to use.

Here is a couple of test's note it's not meant to be AWESOME lol I just wanted to see what the performance was like with 500 separate bits of geo. Simulated in real-time for me so like i say quite impressed.

Dynamica Test 2 - YouTube

Dynamica Test 1 - YouTube

If you have not tried it you can grab it here https://bulletphysics.org/mediawiki-1...ynamica_Plugin

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 16-12-2011 , 01:01 PM
Cheers for the links David,
am currently playing about with Dynamica, it really does seem much better than Maya dynamics, using your tutorial on solid shattering and the plug in I've managed to blow up several walls and a pillar...lol
I'm going to try adding some smoke effects and comping them together later, just want to play about with it a little more first.

# 7 16-12-2011 , 01:51 PM
SM Tea Boy
Bored at work day!

Needs lots and lots of work but the fact it took only a few minutes to get this is a huge step up from Maya's inbuilt system.

Dynamica Test 3 - YouTube

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 17-12-2011 , 03:04 PM
The thin red line
I have been playing with it with a array of balls, on your last reel did you use a radial field on as I get simular result using that, it calculates fast, just noticed that there are some nice tools also frame delay............dave

Last edited by daverave; 17-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.