Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-12-2011 , 09:49 PM

Per particle rotation on one axis

I have been trying to make particles that only rotate randomly on one axis but maya's per particle rotation attribute does not seem to allow that, does anybody know a way to do this.

# 2 22-12-2011 , 11:08 PM
The thin red line
If you can explain what you are trying to do we might get a idea how to do it..........dave

# 3 23-12-2011 , 06:12 AM
I want make a crater hole on a road so i want random pieces of debris lying around the crater. So i want the particles to only rotate around the y-axis so they still stay flat on the ground but look randomly placed. Also am using the particle instancer and adjusting the radius of the particle shape does not affect the instances and i also want the scale of the pieces of debris to be random.

Last edited by LocSp; 23-12-2011 at 06:26 AM.