Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-04-2003 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber

stunning animated short

I watched this short last night and I have to say ive never seen anything so emotionally engaging...and its a student's work!!!

It is so inspirational and I think it is something everyone needs to watch. It has recieved so many accolades over on CGTalk - even the seasoned pro's are astounded by it. It was done by a student of the Ringling school...amazing work...If it had been finished in time im sure it could've won an oscar user added image

U can download/watch it here:

click here

Its when u see things like this that u get that urge to sit at ur computer 24/7 lol

# 2 23-04-2003 , 08:28 PM
SM Alumni
:wow:

What a piece of work. Stunninguser added image

gimme everything u got
# 3 23-04-2003 , 10:30 PM
I agree.
Trully inspirational.
Must see.

# 4 23-04-2003 , 10:44 PM
Well, I dont find it that great. I saw it over at cgtalk.com

If you guys want inspirational, go check out Nodebased. THAT MOVIE IS MY GOD. lol.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 23-04-2003 , 10:53 PM
Do you have the link bud?

What I found trully great about this piece was the fact that it shows good art, and photography knowledge, look at the way he played with colors and you´ll get what I mean. I also liked the way he handled post-processing. Awesome.

# 6 23-04-2003 , 11:03 PM
Simply Maya OG
Wow.....Amazing. I especially like the desert scene, the colors are just, so......nice.

- Hybrid
# 7 25-04-2003 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
Im suprised u didnt like it Ultragames but I guess thats ur perogative.

To me its not just the story, or the modelling or the animation thats amazing but also as adldesigner mentioned, the post production. Did u lot notice how he used the black border lines to great effect? Hybrid the colours are great arent they. I think they are down to colour grading in Shake. The lighting and textures make it so atmospheric. The girl's voice is spot on...maybe the father's is lacking but overall its a magical piece of imagination and creativity.

Last edited by alexgc; 25-04-2003 at 02:12 PM.
# 8 25-04-2003 , 02:17 PM

Originally posted by alexgc
Did u lot notice how he used the black border lines to great effect?

Amazing.user added image