Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-06-2004 , 05:32 AM

69 Mustang

Hey, I have been new to maya for about a week now and I decided after fiddling around for some time to just challenge myself to the extreme. You learn best when challenged so I started a 69 Mustang so far I have learned alot with just doing the tires and I am starting on the body.

Here are the tires, sorry they are dark but I just (kinda) figured out mental ray. I used the tutorial at: https://www.animagraph.com.br/DeathBr...e_tutorial.htm for the tread.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-06-2004 , 05:34 AM
And here is what I have on the actual body so far, feel free to crit on anything.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 11-06-2004 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
what you say ? a week ? ..dude...your a quick learner ..I can tell y a that much... well as for the renders.. the first one is a bit dark yes but I can see you pulled that of quite nicely and as for the second image..it's starting to look like mustang allready! great start dude ...hope to see some more in the near future user added image

GreetZzz

RanSIcK

# 4 11-06-2004 , 10:29 PM
Worked on it some more and cut out the windows, also fixed some problems I was having with the front image plane. I still have alot that I need to do before I say I'm done with the modeling.

Attached Thumbnails

There is the truth *shakes head*, and the truth *nods*
# 5 11-06-2004 , 11:00 PM
Ok mate like ranskck says you are one quck learner, btw hey runsick my dear colleauge user added image, when i started i started with car and tire and here is what was my resoult user added image, yuo are going in good direction and i can tell you only one thing, you are far far away from finish with modeling on taht car!!! You must give some ralistic details to him and other sool stuff!! Give us some smooth and wire version of that car!!!

Attached Thumbnails

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 6 12-06-2004 , 05:52 AM
Another update I formed the basic shape of the back of the car and did some more tweaking right now it is around 1000 polys without being smoothed or anything, but I want this to be photo realistic (I wish) but we'll see what happens. (and the rear window on the left side where it gets flat I fixed)

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 12-06-2004 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
Yo Ankalagon that rocks man! I love it! You pulled off to do such a simple modeling and creating such a 'wanne look at it more than 2 seconds' render... really nicely done.....oh btw...Im running on a deadline this week at my photograph schooll lol hehe...but I will have my schoolproject finished in time user added image no worries

and staticxrjc
you say that you want to make a photorealistic car.....why the h**k do you give a f**k howmany poly's you have.... just smooth the d**m thing and see what happend user added image enough cursing for one day user added image ...so in other words...show us a smooth of you car to see how it looks user added image

# 8 12-06-2004 , 08:35 AM
if you whant realistik look you must smooth it, you can just do smooth proxy to see how it will lok and than undo it and work on parts of car that are dismatch!!
@ransick: jeah that model was my frend`s realy, he was modeling the scene and the car and i did whel!! The car is in shape of taxi associate table that they have on there roofs, that frend of mine maked the site for them and he whanted to put some 3d on it, whel animated gif is cool enough user added image, come and see the site www.supertaxi.co.yu

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 9 12-06-2004 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
The car is looking good, and as ransick and ankalagon said dont worry about the polycount, unless ur making models for a game.

BTW thats a cool site ankalagon, its a shame I dont understand any of it user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 10 12-06-2004 , 10:04 AM
the suject of site is rubish, i just whanted to you guys too see that site in designe way, its on serbian lenguage!!

# 11 12-06-2004 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
looks nice dude! simpel but straight... user added image do you make any webpages ?

# 12 12-06-2004 , 11:00 PM
Ya I don't care how many polys there are right now, just suprised how much detail I am getting with 1000 polys and it isn't smoothed yet, I think I will convert to sub-d instead of smooth though but I am not sure what is better.

# 13 13-06-2004 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber
well I know that when your busy with modeling you will find it easy to convert to subD and tweek a little there... from what I've heared...the smooth (not SubD) is better! but in that mode you'll not to be able to tweek or model further...

what I do when im modelling in polys...I just convert back and forth from poly to subd.... and sometimes when I want to see how it looks I just smooth it and go a couple of steps back to the polymode... You don't want to go to smooth and than delete the history!! but you'll need to verify this by a more advanced artist user added image

well keep it going user added image

# 14 13-06-2004 , 02:39 PM
GREAT START!!! Damn, for a week that is definately some impressive stuff!! Keep it up!! user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 15 13-06-2004 , 07:36 PM
you allways can go to smooth proxy and model, or you can delete the half of car and dload CPS and try modeling with it!! CPS rools big time mate!!