Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 18-07-2010 , 07:13 PM
I noticed that on a few models done by other artists actually paldav..well here are a few more shots of the model.

Like I said before for my first full character model I am 80% pleased with the results, lets just say I have learned a lot with organic modeeling,....I have so far textured the head just gonne do the hands and kness downwards ..as I am hoping to cloth my character, so will skip the body. Right back to were I am So far the head is textured, again I have never ever textured and this a my 1st time walking into textures, the face texture is one that was already put together all I did was to stretch the texture to fit, my face uvs adjusted also. need to get clued up on photoshop a little more as I only ever use it to fine tune pics slighlty.

What I also want to ask?? does anyone know how or if they are any hair tutorials as I would love to give a little more sense of realism to my character and also were would I srtart in clothing my character???

Crits all welcome

Attached Thumbnails
# 47 18-07-2010 , 07:14 PM

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 18-07-2010 , 07:15 PM

Attached Images
# 49 18-07-2010 , 08:00 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
search for hair tutorials in digital tutors you should find some hits

# 50 18-07-2010 , 09:11 PM
Technical Director
You're anatomy is a bit off. The pecs are way too small, the back has no muscles, the biceps are too saggy, and the thumbs are dislocated. O.O

Starting to look good mate. Keep going!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 51 21-07-2010 , 02:59 AM
Hello silverspawn, nice progress so far. I agree that a little more tweaking will improve your characters anatomy. As far as hair goes, I've used Shave and a Haircut. But if you don't have that, you can create curves that resemble some of the hairs. Then attach the hair paint fx brush of your liking to the curves.

Simply select a curve, then select the hair paint brush in your visor, then go to Paint Effects>Curve Utilities>Attach Brush to Curves. You'll then need to tweak the brush attributes to get it all to look right but that might at least help you in the right direction. However, if you're not used to using paint fx brushes, it might be a little overwhelming when you try and tweak it. There are TONS of attributes.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 52 21-07-2010 , 07:56 AM
Thanks perfecto will give it a shot not really used that much in maya apart from the modelling , but will give it a shot,done more on the back and slightly enlarged the pecs.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by silverspawn; 21-07-2010 at 08:03 AM.
# 53 21-07-2010 , 07:57 AM

Attached Thumbnails