Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-11-2002 , 08:54 PM

Maya Cloth Help

I've been trying to figure out Maya Cloth and I am have trouble doing it. What I want it to do is hang a long verticle banner off a cylinder. I make the cloth and thats find. But then comes simulating. I set the cylinder as a collision object. I've tryed the start simulation button and the play button, but both just make the computer do alot of work and end up with a very strange shape. Could some one help me with some steps.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 2 17-11-2002 , 12:14 AM
The Maya Mountain
Afraid we don't have a lot of Cloth masters around yet. I hope you are able to find your answer. Only thing I could suggest is F1 help.

# 3 17-11-2002 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber

Re: Maya Cloth Help

Could some one help me with some steps.

i cannot explain this in a short answer, so i will prepare a tut for "how i did it"-section. because there is no "some steps" as you need to do a whole lot to do what you want. am i understanding you right, you want a banner tied up to a flag pole and this with maya cloth? okey dokey, i will try to make that understandable :p

# 4 17-11-2002 , 05:55 PM
What I want is a horizontal pole with a banner hanging from it blowing in the wind.
|00|
|00|
|00|
|__|

Something like that:p
*the 0's are just place holders

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 5 17-11-2002 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MKess007
What I want is a horizontal pole with a banner hanging from it blowing in the wind.
|00|
|00|
|00|
|__|

Something like that:p
*the 0's are just place holders

something like that is in "how i did it" section see thread . but you need to add wind to it yourself, it is only the banner