Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-05-2013 , 03:22 PM

Animation in timelines

I was wondering how I can make an animation of an animal birth, its for an app. So within a 24 hr period you can view the egg growing with the little critter inside animated. So within 24 hr it grows and also on a loop wriggles around, opens mouth etc. So In the timeline at each keyframe can one put a separate animation attached. What would be the best way?.

# 2 01-05-2013 , 04:10 PM
EduSciVis-er
It probably depends on how the app is being built. I would not render out a 24 hour animation from maya. Render out short animations to be put on a loop within the app and also render out transition clips from one stage to the next. That's probably how I would do it if the app is using straight video.

# 3 01-05-2013 , 04:25 PM
I would use loops and yes I think also that is what I will have to do. I was thinking that maybe there was a better way to do it in Maya. The hatching process takes 24 hours but will be done with loops. I only got Maya yesterday (: So new question , I am looking for people to help design a Tamogotchi/Pokemon type app game anyone want in?.

# 4 01-05-2013 , 04:30 PM
EduSciVis-er
What are you building the app in? Cause you can't do it just in maya. Sounds like a cool project.

# 5 01-05-2013 , 04:37 PM
I have adobe packages and just bought flash builder.

# 6 01-05-2013 , 04:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
Okay, I think you would want to do all your loop control and queuing of transition animations in flash then.