Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-03-2013 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber

render passes issues

hi,
i follow the tutorial "dark art of mental ray", but when i render the passes, they came with strange issues!!
The original .exr is good, but the passes appear with "spikes".
See please the image attached.

thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 29-03-2013 , 09:41 AM
SM Tea Boy
hard to tell from just the image can you send me the exr file so i can take a look at the ind passes please.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 29-03-2013 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
hi David,

the problem of "spikes" is already solved, but a bigger problem appeared :-)

i´m trying to render some passes, i have several area lights in the scene with mia_photometric + ies profile, but the diffuse pass only show me one of the lights...the original render is fine.
everything looks good, but when i open in Nuke the .exr file, the Diffuse and Beaty pass, don´t show all light projection!! see image attached.

thanks

p.s. sorry my english :-)

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ruixgomes; 29-03-2013 at 05:25 PM.
# 4 30-03-2013 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
hi again,
one thing I noticed, it appears that only the last light I put...i´m going crazy!!!

thanks

# 5 30-03-2013 , 05:48 PM
SM Tea Boy
I've never come across that! what version of Maya are you using? Try droping a dummy light into the scene with 0 intensity it's a bit of a cheat but it might let you carry on at least.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 30-03-2013 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
Maya 2011 Mac os x lion...
I'm going to try with the dummy light, is driving me crazy

Thanks

# 7 01-04-2013 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber

Maybe a newby error :-p

Hi,
In my scene i have area lights with mia photometric + IES profile...for warmer color I've given a color correction node (.454/.454/.454) with mia blackbody at 5000!! So a breackdown color correction and render the passes show all the lights...:-)

It's possible to fix this??

David, how can i send you the .exr file? That problem of "spikes" pressists !!

Thank you very much, the tutorials are the best :-)