Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 226 21-04-2006 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
Yeeeeee the long expected update:attn: :attn: :attn:
looks good, why did it worry you doing the engines?

have fun in london, it's really nice and warm today!user added image

# 227 21-04-2006 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
Basically cos it was the first thing I saw when I started this model and it looked really daunting so I was not looking forward to it. Still, keep working at it and im sure it will pay off.

Get back to you guys in a couple of days.

Don't forget to check my web site for updates on my situation.

Take care.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 228 21-04-2006 , 08:32 PM
good luck with the job Tim! user added image

# 229 22-04-2006 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber
wow ! looking gOOOOOOOD.............

take it easy and life will be easy
# 230 23-04-2006 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
Cheers guys, just to let you know that I am now in London. The internet is not behaving too well up here so my updates might be few and far between until I get back to Colchester.

Catch you guys later.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 231 25-04-2006 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
:bow: :bow: :bow: we cant stop worshipping you tim. :bow: :bow: :bow:

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 232 25-04-2006 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
Cor blimey mate, that's a bit intense but cheers all the same.

This running business is a bit hard. Walking my feet to the bone but im having a good time. I wouldn't mind doing this full time as a means to an end.

The down side is when I come back home is too buggered to do any modelling. I guess I just need to a into a routine or get good enough at it so I don't get too knackered so I don't wasted at work.

Time will tell.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 233 25-04-2006 , 09:30 PM
19 year Veteran
Your not thinking about quitting are you? If you do that you, will accomplish nothing.

Think of this project as a paying job from Lucasfilm. Except the payment would be the satisfaction of getting it done.

It's sad to see this thread reduced to hero worship with no new progress to show. :shakehead

# 234 26-04-2006 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
I wouldn't go so far to say it is hero worship, as for the Star Destroyer. Well i'm going to do some more this evening.

It's just that stating a job of this nature is quite a shock for me and it will take me a little time to get use to it.

Hopefully have some progress to show before the week is out. Rememeber this is just for you THX1138 user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 235 26-04-2006 , 11:05 PM
19 year Veteran
Good to see you still have initiative to keep it going.user added image

# 236 26-04-2006 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
sometimes it good to know when enough is enough, and only you know that. Dont let these lads pressure you, there all a bunch of hero worshipers.., but hey come to think of it so am I, Tim get down and dirty mate...

actually if your too buggered to model, maybe your too buggered to do THIS model..?? dont shoot me, just a thought. I think you have already done a great job and you can finish it when you need apply for work and/or have your insentive back. better to model something else than to not model because you think you have to finish this and so, tomorrow, tomorrow, ect...

start something that excites you or just dont quit, the next yards are the hardest with this model.., sooo...user added image user added image user added image

# 237 27-04-2006 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber
Im not done with this modell, im just a bit tired when I come home and all I can do is sleep. My parents are taking my pc back to Colchester tonight and I will go back there tommorow evening so it will start to get back to normal soon.

My life has just got a bit mad all of a sudden and im not sure what's going on in honesty. Hopefully it will all settle down shortly.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 238 28-04-2006 , 12:48 AM
just quickly had a look thru this post and it looks like you are working as a runner for molinaire down in london. as an ex runner myself with a short stint at molinaire i can vouch for the knackered bit. can be quite a shock if you're not used to that type of thing.

take your time on this model chap, we're not going anywhere. concentrate on your present situation and come back when you feel comfortable.

awesome stuff and good luck

p.s

pop into the toucan on soho square for the most marvellous pint of guiness in england, i miss that place so badly...(sigh)

# 239 28-04-2006 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
thats life, or so (frank the sin-artra) they say,
you just pick yourself up and get back in the race
that's life' and don't forget it..ect

franky had some beauts didn't he..?

i go with vin. he's wrapped it up and stolen all our thunder

you know life is seasonal, including the 'madness' a polite and endearing term for 'my life is insane at the moment, I feel ****ed up...'

my insane season has been runing now for months but all passes, one door shuts and another 100 opens.

move quietly, like a ninja..:bandit:

# 240 28-04-2006 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
dang dude how does your computer handle all those faces, looks good. now all you have to do after the outside is the inside, lol have fun.