Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-12-2006 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber

modeling face - convert poly to subdiv problem

hi

i started to do modeling of face using poly by poly method (with 2 image planes - front and side view).

eveything was going smooth - i was converting poly to subdiv coupple of times to check quality of my work [user added image] and undo convert - it was fine. after few more polys i was trying to convert Polys -> Subdiv again and Maya refuse to o it. Thats what appears in Script Editor:

"// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): The conversion to a subdivision surface failed.
// One or more duplicated edges were present.
// Repair the duplicate edges by selecting the polygon
// and issuing the following command, then try again:
select .e[525] ;string $v[] = `polyListComponentConversion -fe -tv`;select $v;polySplitVertex;polyMergeVertex -d 0.0 -tx 1; //"
user added image

Thanks for help :bow:

# 2 04-12-2006 , 10:59 PM
Copy the script that maya has provided in your error

This section

select .e[525] ;string $v[] = `polyListComponentConversion -fe -tv`;select $v;polySplitVertex;polyMergeVertex -d 0.0 -tx 1;

into the script editor and then run the script that should do it for you.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 05-12-2006 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
yeah, my maya mentor told me same thing. it worked - i found problematic edge.

thanks!

# 4 22-12-2006 , 09:51 PM
Acid44
ever realize how easy it is to get a spammers ip address and the informatin you could aquire with that? guess what if i wanted to be a d*** youd be dead by nowuser added image

# 5 23-12-2006 , 06:01 AM
@puashey - also its good to do to polygons>cleanup opition box. and click on select geometry only, then you have a list at the bottom and check on one of them at a time and hit apply to see where you have problems on your poly mesh (but do not select non plannar faces that has to do with uv mapping and its not relevant)