Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 01-07-2007 , 04:20 AM
I have managed to get the webbing much better now. Will add the rest of the webbing and the spider symbol, then just need to add the hexagons that cover his suit.

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 02-07-2007 , 12:04 PM
Another update.

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 04-07-2007 , 08:44 AM
Ok I have tried to re-work on the hulk base mesh so I will have something I can take into mudbox to do some serious sculpting work. I am not to sure about the topology at the moment and am still working on cleaning things up a bit. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 34 04-07-2007 , 06:06 PM
well to me this hulk seems a bit odd but yes, after some reshaping I'm guessing he will look much better.
He needs a more defined six pack and his upper chest needs to be more muscular. Also noticed in most pics of hulk his upper chest tends to go up a little in the middle where to two pecks or w/e you wanna call them meet.

All that depends though on what version of the hulk you are working from. Also remember he has an extreme anger so to incorporate that in his body figure.

But yea..all your models are looking great! Especially Spider-Man!user added image

To become professional you must:
Work Hard
Test your questions
Think outside the box(imagination)
Keep yourself motivated
# 35 28-07-2007 , 08:08 PM
Been away for a while since my processor burnt out. Decided to work on Wolverine some more. Anatomy is certainly not a strong point so all critism is greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 36 29-07-2007 , 06:41 AM
hey leonlabyk - how's it going mate? not sure how I missed this thread for so long. looks like you have some cool models here! user added image

The main things that stand out in the last picture of wolverine is that the muscles just look a little too uniform and unvaried. I also think the top of the shoulders look a little too rounded - they should have a slope to them - and also look too close together - almost as if he's hunching them.

really like the venom model and it's always good to see spidey. keep up the good work!

# 37 29-07-2007 , 07:10 AM
Hey leon,

the muscles look far too big tone them down a bit, if you look at the cartoon wolverne, as well as "realistic" ones hes not that big, give him a fatty toned look if that makes sense, kinda like he dosent need to work out, its just there.

Hope it helps

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 38 11-08-2007 , 10:59 AM
Since there were some probs with the wolverine base mesh I have redone it. The topology is much cleaner now and I will hopefully be able to get the anatomy looking a lot better.

Attached Thumbnails
# 39 11-08-2007 , 11:03 AM
After some quick sculpting work. Still a lot of work to do though, especially with the arms and neck. Cheers for the comments Arran and gster123 hopefully I will be able to get him looking right soon.

Attached Thumbnails
# 40 11-08-2007 , 12:03 PM
Definitely looking a lot better, but I would watch the muscles on the side of the neck - they are looking too pronounced - usually those muscles go towards the back - they would only really show when the lower mouth was stretched - say if he was angry - and even then they wouldn't be that obvious.

Here's a good link that might help and show where everything connects up.

https://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/bio201/head/head1.htm

user added image

Last edited by arran; 11-08-2007 at 12:08 PM.
# 41 17-09-2007 , 03:52 AM
Made an update to Wolverine. Still a large amount of work to do on the upper body. I have ordered the organic modeling dvd with Tareq Mirza which I hope will go a long way to improving the anatomy problems in both this model and my Batman one. I am mainly struggling with the legs and I hope that this will give me a much better idea of the muscle structure.

Attached Thumbnails
# 42 17-09-2007 , 05:48 AM
Subscriber
looking good.
i would adjust the upper torso to be wider.
and the leg muscles are kind of not quite where they are supposed to be.

nice work overall

# 43 18-09-2007 , 10:37 PM
Cheers Vladimirjp, Still need to do a lot of work on the anatomy in order to get things where they should be. In the meantime I have blocked in the gloves, pants and his belt.

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 19-09-2007 , 09:46 AM
yeah - this is looking very cool - especially his gloves! user added image

# 45 19-09-2007 , 10:36 AM
Subscriber
nice work indeed.

Its only just hit how much wolverine looks like batman in the outfit - well if you take away the claws