Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 13-06-2011 , 11:09 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Hey you know what the say........... what makes a man Is the things you go through stiff upper lip my man and get back into the challenge

# 32 13-06-2011 , 11:33 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL f**k me mate!!! you certainly arent having a good run of it!! Well now you are back home hopefully things will settle down and you get your life back on course!!!!!! Good luck with it mate.....

cheers bullet

my old boss used to call it 'character building' murambi.....only makes you stronger tweety

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 33 14-06-2011 , 07:29 AM
Subscriber

what the....??
wow... what a rough year for you!
I wonder what you did to end up in jail... user added image

Nothing - I was arrested for shoplifting while I was held up in hospital,someone who looked like me stole 3 lcd tv`s from a Asda 80 miles away from where I lived - so how the hell was it me. Was remanded in jail because 6 years ago I was in a stolen car with a mate (did not know at the time) and he got pulled over.

Took them 4 weeks to check with the hospital. Useless

# 34 22-06-2011 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber
I`m out - but moving this to WIP area once I get my head in the game. Only just got a small part of my stuff back and having to go to court to get the rest, but at least I have my PC stuff.

Not been around much, because I just can face much right now - In a very low place, but I`ll be back - bigger and stronger.

Good luck to all

# 35 23-06-2011 , 12:20 AM
Lifetime Member
Well I frequent low places myself mate.....so I know what you are going through. You back home with the folks etc? That in itself can help a lot....good luck with it all mate, hope it turns out better than it has been.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 36 26-06-2011 , 11:50 PM
Subscriber
@ tweenytunes- I am sorry your not gonna make it. I loved the idea and you were going through well too. Gotta see that once its completed.

"From Concept to Completion"
# 37 27-06-2011 , 12:24 AM
That certainly sucks, -intensely bad luck! I hope you get all of your stuff back, and good luck with the courts... Your modeling work is great, & glad to hear you got your computer items back. All my best to you tweetytunes, and hope to see you on the forums soon!

# 38 01-07-2011 , 02:16 PM
Administrator
Sorry about all the bad luck, hopefully things will get better. Let me know if you want me to move this to the WIP instead for you in the future, looks cool.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 39 01-07-2011 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber
Thank you and if you would not mind please move the thread - just doing some escape studio training then going to get cracking on it

# 40 01-07-2011 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Final got some go in me this week - think its got something to do with the fact I started my "Escape Studios" course. Anyway finished the modelling - Just learning about lighting and texturing so hoping to apply what I learn to this project. Was going to model the battery area but I have no plans to show the bottom so going to leave it for now - but may change my mind.

Just wish I had the time/luck/motivation to have gotten this one into the comp.

user added image

# 41 01-07-2011 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
Base shadders

user added image

Really happy with the duller white plastic`s slight yellow color - base of the images Acid44 and some internet photo ref - with age only some of the parts turn a bit more yellow.

Also got a very slight bump on some parts of the green plastic while the others don`t

Chrome working well on the screws.

Also happy with the rubber buttons (Test close ups work well - not shown here.

Need to get the textures of the text and images next - screen last - going to be a bitch me think.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 01-07-2011 at 11:16 PM.
# 42 02-07-2011 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
Done the art work and tweaked the color of the base green to more suit the original.

user added image

# 43 02-07-2011 , 01:58 PM
Lifetime Member
I reckon halfway between the greens...and you nailed it mate....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 44 02-07-2011 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
Well I color picked it from the photos Acid sent me - will look at it again once final lighting is done.

Started work on the screens now - going to have a video playing in the background of some glass. I have captured all the sprites from the online game (screen capture then rendered them out as a image sequence, but the quality is just not there to separate the spirits from the background to place over the top again. Its possible to try and redraw the animations in a pixel drawing program but that`s too much afford for what I wanted from the project.

# 45 02-07-2011 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
Here was my attempt to separate the sprites - would have took for ever and as you can see the rez was very poor.

Attached Images