Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-08-2005 , 08:32 AM
Subscriber

'Error' Message

I have a serious error recently occured at home. When I open the current project I have been working on, on the status line is red and has the message 'error' on it. My character is still visible, occassionally I can access the pull down menus but I cannot access the space bar menus, also the buttons on the LHS such as manipulator tools are redunadant. Any ideas, please don't say I have to restart this project as it's been weeks in the making user added image

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 08-08-2005 , 12:44 PM
Probably something that goes wrong when reading the workspace or settings files. Can you access the script editor? Try locating a more specific error message and post it here.

If you can access the main menu, go into Window\Settings/Preferences and reset the settings for marking menus etc.

You could also try deleting the Workspace.mel file in your project directory or the userPrefs.mel file in My Documents\Maya\*.*\prefs.

# 3 08-08-2005 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
Cheers will give it a go, and post up the error later after work

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 4 08-08-2005 , 03:51 PM
import your scene into a new scene file and see if that helps. Sometimes maya's files just get screwed

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB