Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-11-2005 , 02:53 PM
Subscriber

Freaky Weird Polygon Face Problem

Hey guys, I've been working with polygon cylinders lately and have been having a continuous problem. Every time I delete the top or bottom faces of the cylinder, part of the cylinder and its faces become transparent until I rotate my camera to that side. When I render the cylinder, you can only see one side. Check out the pictures below, and if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it, since I am working with a somewhat important model.

Thanks.

user added image

user added image

# 2 04-11-2005 , 03:32 PM
Feature -- not bug. (If you put that in a game without doublesided rendering -- it will look exactly like that)

Select your object and open up the attributes editor.

Click on the "Shape" tab for it

Click Render Stats' drop-down button.

Check "Double-sided"

# 3 04-11-2005 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber
Hmm, interesting. I guess it makes sense, but why have I never experienced this "problem" before and why does it not occur on all of my cylinders?

Regardless, thanks very much for your help.

Last edited by Nusirilo; 04-11-2005 at 03:50 PM.