Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-09-2002 , 07:29 PM

Importing objects from Max

Hello all.
Im compleatly new to Maya and 3d design so go easy on me please, im a newb.
I downloaded a few of the tutorials from the site, and im stuck now on the basic animation one, with the plain.
I downloaded the max-maya plugin file thing, and put it in the plugins folder, tried to import one of the objects but had no luck.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Regards

Simon

# 2 20-09-2002 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber
You need to load the plugin. From the Maya documentation...

1 Choose Window > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager to open the Plug-in Manager window and display the list of all known plug-ins.

2 Find the plug-in you need and either click the loaded or auto load check box to load the plug-in.

# 3 20-09-2002 , 09:07 PM
Thats wicked mrmacca

Thank you. I can now continue with learning.

# 4 06-01-2011 , 01:56 PM
Lifetime Member

max to maya plugin ?

There are a lot of .max models to download in resources here.
Where do I find this "max to maya plugin"? No luck on my search on the Autodesk website.
There is no plug-in (that I recognize als a .max importer) in my Maya learning edition (2011) to activate...

Any help?

Luc

Hello all.
Im compleatly new to Maya and 3d design so go easy on me please, im a newb.
I downloaded a few of the tutorials from the site, and im stuck now on the basic animation one, with the plain.
I downloaded the max-maya plugin file thing, and put it in the plugins folder, tried to import one of the objects but had no luck.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Regards

Simon