Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 61 01-07-2003 , 12:41 AM
The more people that convert to linux, the better. THen companies will get it together and abandon microsoft leaving it to rot on the dirty floor of puke from which it came. If that makes any sense at all I am a genius.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 62 01-07-2003 , 02:41 AM
Subscriber
Like i said, microsoft just cannot crash. Even if they stopped selling products and just started giving them all away for free, they could still be in production for quite some time. There going to stick with us like an ant on a marshmellow!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 63 02-07-2003 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber
I think it is a very stupid idea, which they don't have thought thru yet as I see it...

if windows is the only OS that can run on a PC after the chip... they will get problems with Monopoly (or what it is called)... and properly within a year someone has craked or found a way to do something about the chip... e.g. it only took a 13 year old boy to break the unbreakable DVD code...

and if a hacker finds it... he would properly have access to every single computer with this chip on, that is connected to the net... no more homebanking would be save after that... no more private life with the PC... have the goverment acctually also thought about what they are saying yes to... or are they getting a chipfree computer... or how about the CIA or FBI on that case...

look out... microsoft is going to rule the world... let's get drunk... user added image and nothing else matters... :bgreen:

Bill Gates... "hmmm... let's see what the President is having for lunch... hmmm... damn getting a visit from the FBI tomorrow... hmmm... better clean the place... Haha... one more congress member having a affair... going over to my fan list... etc... etc..." a little resume from the future science fiction movie "to Bill or not to Bill... Gates are everywhere..." user added image

but if they really are making this chip in the PC and it is sending data to and from my computer... I would suggest they would pay for some of my bandwidth... because why should I pay for unessary datatraffic I haven't ask for... hmmm... I properly allready do that... user added image

here is an interview with the emperor in the new world after the chip (NWATC)... "Bill Gates' take on subjects from spam to Mozambique"... -->
https://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...nterview_x.htm

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 64 03-07-2003 , 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Darkware
There is also a place for webmasters to join. A-hem. *cough* Kevin *cough* A-hem. Excuse me. user added image

Well, seeing how most software companies asume (most likely because they are misinformed) that this whole chip/software thingamajig is being done to mainly sniff out users that are using "questionable" versions of thier software, if we, SM or any S3DW site, were to support an "ANTI" campaign of any sort, it would, sadly, jeopordize our chances of getting sponsorshipuser added image

Hopefully, the major software manufactures will NOT join the "we don't trust our users" bandwaggon, and get informed about the hazards of this idea, rather than the "so-called" benefits.

time will tell....

Meanwhile, I'm working on my new RAGEcgi.com redesign, and I'll be supporting the "ANTI" movement in there somewhereuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 65 03-07-2003 , 01:11 AM

Originally posted by ragecgi
Well, seeing how most software companies asume (most likely because they are misinformed) that this whole chip/software thingamajig is being done to mainly sniff out users that are using "questionable" versions of thier software, if we, SM or any S3DW site, were to support an "ANTI" campaign of any sort, it would, sadly, jeopordize our chances of getting sponsorshipuser added image

So getting sponsorship is more important? Reminds me of sports players in major teams who care more bout the money than the sport.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 66 03-07-2003 , 02:34 AM
No.

Maintaining a trustworthy appearance and a trustworthy community is more important.

Just like applying for a job, and being honest about your criminal record.

And just like 3DBuzz, and to a lesser extent, Gnomon, sponsorship enables/provides YOU, the end user, with more content, and US the ability to expand your range of content choices.

Wether it be free or otherwiseuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 67 03-07-2003 , 05:31 AM
Subscriber
I disagree. I would rather have no TCPA than have all the conveniences of life. ei - "more content" For me, it's about doing the right thing. TCPA is not right as I see it. I would much rather fall in an attempt to stop something I was against than to accept it. I could go into parrallels with religion on this particular subject, but I'll save that for another time perhaps.

# 68 03-07-2003 , 04:44 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm all for stomping out the "big brother" regeime,
but sadly, at this time, our hands are tied.

This forum & community costs money, and I highly doubt that we would be able to offer anyone anything if we had huge McDonalds banners plastered everywhere, when everyone is here expecting a site all about Alias Wavefront software.

If we DID go the route of having NO sponsorship, we will eventually have to force the site to be subscriber-based, just so we could run it at the level it is today.

...unless one of us wins the lottery, and hadns over a big chunck of cash to keep things running.

It's just like driving your car folks.

You put gas and oil in it in order to drive it, and in doing so, you are closing your eyes to how you were able to get that gas in the fisrst place.

I'm not saying that I shed a tear with every fill-up, but I at least thank my lucky stars that I can get to my crappy job on time.

...not sure if that made sense, but it did at the time.... user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 69 03-07-2003 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I understand where you're coming from. I suppose it all comes down to opinion. And if I do win the lottery or come into a lot of money somehow, I think I will donate some of it to SM since I like it so much. user added image Hell, if I work at Rare (near Warwickshire in the UK I think) I might even come down to see Kevin and David and buy some new servers or something. That would be so awsome to give something back.

# 70 03-07-2003 , 06:08 PM
GREAT ATTITUDE m8!!!!

Thanks for understandinguser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 71 04-07-2003 , 05:34 AM
Subscriber
tcpa, bad bad bad bad !!!!!! will never work though anyway. but it will not work becouse its a bad idea and some people know it.