Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-02-2005 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber

Rusty...

Hey guys,

I haven't touched maya in over a year and i wasn't the best in the first place but since i've been back i've been getting this urge to start something again. So last night i drew a very simple creature that shouldn't be too hard to model but still look good when its done. The sketch of this guy is attatched below. He won't have a mouth so that weird check in the front view by where his mouth could possibly be, won't be there... as of now :p

Attached Images

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 07-02-2005 , 06:31 AM
Subscriber
Alright,

not much yet, just the general shape, now i have to think of how i want this to all merge together user added image.. should it have lips, or just kinda have parts stitch into the bean body.. hmm.

haha, this is such a stupid model user added image.

By the way, the head is to the right of that image... so that little dot is its eye (apparently my brother didn't see that at all)

Attached Images

# 3 07-02-2005 , 06:59 AM
Subscriber
Okay, one other update, just added in a eye.. trying to keep this thing low poly count, even though im not exactly good at that.. haha.

Attached Images

# 4 07-02-2005 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
Reminds me of the characters from the mario games.

# 5 07-02-2005 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
I like this, the whole idea of a very simple character really appeals to me. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one progresses. Keep it up M,

Mat.

# 6 07-02-2005 , 08:13 PM
I like it alot too, I'm really new to Maya and I need to think up some simple, yet good-looking models like this!

# 7 07-02-2005 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback user added image. Im slowly working on it, seeing im at school all day and then I usually have heaps of homework after that, then sports. haha, this could be some kinda little guy off of mario hey? Anyways, hopefully i can make this thing work. If you want simple models, just start out with simple shapes (like beans.. like i chose..lol) and work on that.. it gives you a simple model. Gotta go user added image

Matt

# 8 11-02-2005 , 07:28 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys,

Wow talk about minimum updates hey? I've been swamped with physics and calculus homework primarily.. and rugby user added image. So not a ton of time to be working on this model. Anyways today I had a bit of time to play around.. its getting late here though so im about to head off to bed, get some sleep user added image. I know its just a screenshot, i'll have a render soon user added image. Still needs lots of tweaking and textures.

Once again, what a stupid model.. hahaha

Attached Images

# 9 12-02-2005 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber
Hello once again!

Okay i had some more time tonight as of midnight on to work on this model user added image. As much as it doesn't look all that much better, probably worse than the previous image... its now officially all one piece, lower polys and its got a total UV map with this horrible texture (for now user added image). One thing (which is a big thing) that i forgot to do, is put the checkerboard grid on and make sure all of my points aren't too stretched out. This guy isn't that detailed though, so hopefully i can get away with a few stretches here and there if i texture it properly in photoshop user added image. C&C welcome!

Attached Images

# 10 13-02-2005 , 10:36 AM
Subscriber
Nice work there, go rusty the bean! lol user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX