Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-11-2002 , 04:19 PM

cant get avi texture to work!

I have a simple polygonal cube.I have applied a lambert.
tried to assign an avi texture to one of the faces.
the avi was created in maya so theres no fancy compression but I cant get it to work.has anyone had any success using an avi as a shader? and if so how?
thanks

Guser added image

# 2 13-11-2002 , 04:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
I haven't really used it myself, but from what I understand, you need to key the start and stop of the video

# 3 13-11-2002 , 04:56 PM
Ive tried that as well but to no avail.i wont use it myself but one of my friends left the studio tearin their hair out so id like to get it sussed.

thanks for replying so quickly

G

# 4 13-11-2002 , 10:35 PM
I also had some troubles in the past with mapping avi's, I solved my problems by using a image sequence instead. (with numbered extentions)

maybe that can save some hair ?

/ ctrl-z
# 5 13-11-2002 , 11:06 PM
yeah thats what i ended up doing.would still like to know if anyone out there has got the avi method to work or is it a non starter.

thanks

G