Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-11-2007 , 03:24 PM

Fatal error

Everytime I try to select a certain an edge on one of the objects in my scene, Maya gets a "fatal error" and closes.

Every other object works fine. It's just one which cause Maya to crash if I try selecting a loop.

This might be relevant:
I had a relatively flat object, which I duplicated and moved a bit to the left. I bridged faces from each object to the middle to connect them, and then combined the two.
I then merged the vertices to actually make it one object.

That leaves me with a loop down the center, which is the one I'm trying to delete.

# 2 16-11-2007 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber
dont know what could be the cause but since its a fairly easy object. throw it away and reconstruct it.

deleting the history is always a good point to start getting problems solve, too.

# 3 16-11-2007 , 04:24 PM
Well I tried selecting the edge loop 'manually', but when I try deleting it, it says I can't delete border edges.

# 4 16-11-2007 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber
so there are now two ways dealing with it.
1. merge vertices... this time really
2. if the error still occurs upload the file. ill take a look

# 5 16-11-2007 , 04:34 PM
I got it. :o

I forgot to delete the faces inside the object which were the center of the edge loop I was trying to delete.

I deleted those, and now it's letting me delete the edge.

Thanks for your help though. user added image