Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-03-2013 , 03:37 AM

moving objects in Maya problems

I have used Maya 2012 for a long time with no problem, but recently I was having issues selecting objects. I decided to switch over to 2013 because my school was using it and it is a bit of a pain to import a 2013 file into 2012.

But now I have been having problems selecting and moving objects in 2013, and I can not seem to find out what the issue is.

System Info:
Win 7 64bit
AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5GHz
32GB Ram
DirectX 11
ASUS HD7750 w/updated driver

So what I am getting is this...

I can select an object individually, and with CTRL+LMB.

I can not drag select a group of objects.

I press "W" to bring up the Move Tool but when I got to click on the Red/Blue/Green manipulator arrow, I can't and the object becomes unselected. This happens for the other tools that act like this one does. I can move the object around by selecting the appropate input in the Attribute Editor and MMB sliding. I can also move it by MMB and moving it in all directions.

I have deleted all my prefs, and the main Maya folder in My Documents. I have resetted all my tools. I have uninstalled Maya 2013. I have Installed Maya 2013 w/Serice Pack 2.

The problem still pops up.

On a side note I can still move the view around in Perspective Mode and I can still render images. So I am kinda sure it is not my video card.

Any insight would be helpful.

# 2 03-03-2013 , 09:29 AM
Also I just come to find out that I can not select any Rigging Controls.

# 3 03-03-2013 , 05:30 PM
The thin red line
Im not to sure that this is not your graphics card with maya 2013, I would check the net to see if some one else is using your card and having problems with maya............dave

# 4 03-03-2013 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
Seen some funky things before but never this.

Why are you having problems importing 2013 to 2012 - Just Use the options in open menu to "ignore version"

Hope you find some help