Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 27-01-2003 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber

Are these good books?

Hey, before I go about getting points I was wondering if anyone owns any of the following books:

Maya Character Animation
Maya 4.5 Fundamentals
The art of Maya

If you do can you tell me if this would be a good buy?

One other thing, if i buy points on this site does that automatically make me a VIP member? Thanks.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 27-01-2003 , 02:29 AM
Haven't seen Maya Character Animation yet, but it looks interesting.

I have Maya 4 Fundamentals, and it is a very good book for anyone new to Maya. I assume that the 4.5 version will be just as good.

The Art of Maya is a good informational book but way overpriced for what it is. All of the information in that book can be found in other books, in the Maya documentation, and by asking around here. Pretty coffee table book, though.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 27-01-2003 , 02:31 AM
Subscriber
Hahaha, thanks a lot man.. i almost bought that one first! Can you tell me if i can get the same information and more out of this site with VIP tuts? thnx again. Anyone know about the Maya Character animation book? Or other maya books you may suggest.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 27-01-2003 , 06:24 AM
I have the Maya Character Animation book and it looks really good, though I haven't had a free moment to work through it (as i've been changing jobs and my work has kept me out of Maya for a while.) Particularly it seems strong in the character modelling area. Haven't looked through the animation discussions just yet.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 5 27-01-2003 , 06:36 AM
i have maya 4 fundamentials too and have to say that its quite good to start! you can see some different methodes how to create things (actually i'm "finished" with the creature and have to say: its damn hard to model chars, but i've to buy a book because you can make cool things user added image )